Welcome to WarcraftPriests Discipline Priest Guide. This guide is updated to patch 9.0.5 World of Warcraft Shadowlands.
This section goes over stats and how they interact with our specialisation and recommend a general priority to help with choosing gear. It also covers all the available consumables.
Table of Contents
Quick Glance Priorities
All secondary stats are very close for healing output, Item level is best.
- Critical Strike
No Best in slot list will be provided here.
Here is a spreadsheet of all available gear at the highest item levels.
|Gem||1 Kraken + 1 Leviathan (Worthwhile until we get raid gear) / Quick Jewel Cluster|
|Food||Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic - Personal Buff food / Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism - Intellect feast where possible.|
|Oil||Embalmer's Oil (Healing only) / Shadowcore Oil (Damage only)|
|Armour Kit||Heavy Desolate Armour Kit|
|Flask||Spectral Flask of Power|
|Potion||Potion of Spectral Intellect|
|Health Potion||Spiritual Healing Potion|
|Mana Potion||Spiritual Mana Potion (instant) / Potion of Spiritual Clarity (channelled) / Potion of Sacrificial Anima (health sacrifice)|
|Enchants||Celestial Guidance (weapon) / Tenet of Haste (ring) / Eternal Intellect (wrists) / Eternal Stats (chest) / Fortified Leech (back)|
Secondary Stats Priority
Always keep in mind that all gear has an associated item level with it that changes the amount of stats available on the gear piece. All secondaries scale worse than both Intellect and Stamina. This means that items that are an item level upgrade are usually better.
All secondary stats are very close for healing output.
- Critical Strike
The majority of performance increases will come from gameplay improvements. Casting the correct spells at the appropriate time will do exponentially more for you than extremely minor stat changes. The best way to do this is by analysing logs and damage patterns. We're always about and happy to help in the WarcraftPriest Discord.
How Do These Stats Affect Our Spells?
|Stat||Type||Description||Stat Rating per 1%|
|Intellect||Primary||Directly increases the potency of every single spell. Every spell has an individual spell power coeffcient which is multiplied by our intellect.||N/A|
|Haste||Secondary||Haste lowers the cast time of all our abilities and lowers the GCD recovery rate. It will increase our DoT/Pet tick rate meaning they will grant more hits per cast. Reduces the CD of Power Word: Solace/Mind Blast/Shadow Word: Death. Increases the proc rate of Power of the Dark Side.||33|
|Critical Strike||Secondary||Simply multiplies a spell by two if it crits. The more total rating increases the chances of a spell critting. If damage spell crits the subsequent Atonement healing will also be a crit (cannot double dip and crit twice).||35|
|Versatility||Secondary||Multiplicatively increases both damage and healing whilst also providing damage reduction. (the damage/healing component will not double dip for Atonement healing. Only one multiplication of the increase is gained).||40|
|Mastery||Secondary||Similarly to versatility it multiplicatively inreases our healing but requires the target to have Atonement. Any healing provideded by our spells will be increased, including Atonement. External effects like trinkets will not benefit.||26|
|Leech||Tertiary||All raw damage and healing will be converted into self healing. The conversion rate increases with more leech (the term "raw" means even overhealing will contribute).||21|
|Speed||Tertiary||Simply increases movement speed.||10|
|Avoidance||Tertiary||A personal damage reduction (only applies to non targeted damage)||14|
|Indestructable||Tertiary||Makes the gear piece its on take no durability damage meaning it will never need to be repaired.||N/A|
No best in slot lists will be provided here. Gearing is all about taking the highest item level options you can obtain. This is due to intellect being considerably more valuable than secondary stats. On top of this, secondaries also start to receive diminishing returns after you start reaching specific levels of that stat. Meaning that hard focussing one specific stat is even less of a priority.
If you would like to see all the available gear to us at the highest item levels, please check out this gear spreadsheet.
Stat DR means that when you reach certain stat % threshold you will start to gain less stats per point from gear.
- From 0 - 30% there is no penalty;
- From 30 - 39% there's a 10% penalty;
- From 39 - 47% there's a 20% penalty;
- From 47 - 54% there's a 30% penalty;
- From 54 - 66%, there's a 40% penalty.
- From 66 - 126%, there's a 50% penalty.
- 126% is the max amount you can get from gear.
There are a large number of consumables to be aware of most of which are just the standard stat increases.
- Straddling Jewel Doublet - 13 Speed.
- Versatile Jewel Doublet - 12 Versatility.
- Deadly Jewel Doublet - 12 Critical Strike.
- Masterful Jewel Doublet - 12 Mastery.
- Quick Jewel Doublet - 12 Haste.
- Revitalizing Jewel Doublet - 133 health every 10 seconds.
- Deadly Jewel Cluster - 16 Critical Strike.
- Versatile Jewel Cluster - 16 Versatility.
- Masterful Jewel Cluster - 16 Mastery.
- Quick Jewel Cluster - 16 Haste.
- Pickled Meat Smoothie - 14 Stamina.
- Sweet Silvergill Sausages - 18 Versatility.
- Butterscotch Marinated Ribs - 18 Critical Strike.
- Meaty Apple Dumplings - 18 Mastery.
- Cinnamon Bonefish Stew - 18 Haste.
- Banana Beef Pudding - 22 Stamina.
- Steak a la Mode - 30 Versatility.
- Tenebrous Crown Roast Aspic - 30 Haste.
- Spinefin Souffle and Fries - 30 Critical Strike.
- Iridescent Ravioli with Apple Sauce - 30 Mastery.
- Surprisingly Palatable Feast - 18 Intellect.
- Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism - 20 Intellect.
These oils are extremely minor additional output so you can freely choose between either.
- Embalmer's Oil - Apply to a weapon for 1 hour, giving you a high chance to heal yourself for 330 when you deal damage or healing. If already at full health, instead grants an absorb shield for 330.
- Shadowcore Oil - Apply to a weapon for 60 min, giving you a high chance to deal an additional 220 Shadow damage when you damage an enemy.
- Desolate Armour Kit - Increase the stamina of an item worn on the chest by 16 for 2 hrs.
- Heavy Desolate Armour Kit - Increase the stamina of an item worn on the chest by 32 for 2 hrs.
- Spectral Flask of Stamina - 105 Stamina.
- Spectral Flask of Power - 70 Intellect.
- Eternal Cauldron - Creates a cauldron that raid members can use to gain the benefit of a flask appropriate to their class and talents. Cauldron has 30 uses and lasts for 10 min. 70 Intellect.
- Spiritual Healing Potion - Restores 10000 health.
- Spiritual Mana Potion - Restores 6000 mana.
- Spiritual Rejuvenation Potion - Restores 10000 health and 2500 mana.
- Potion of Spiritual Clarity - Puts the imbiber in an elevated state of focus where they can restore up to 10000 mana over 10 sec, but they are defenceless until their focus is broken.
- Potion of Spectral Intellect - 190 Intellect for 25 seconds.
- Potion of Deathly Fixation - Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance to apply Deathly Fixation to your target, dealing 43 Shadow damage over 8 sec and stacking up to 5 times. Upon reaching 5 stacks, Deathly Fixation explodes, dealing 985 Shadow damage to the target. If you consume this potion while your weapon is augmented with Shadowcore Oil, the explosion damage is increased by 10%. Lasts 25 sec.
- Potion of Empowered Exorcisms - Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance erupt your target's anima, dealing up to 934 Shadow damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the target. If you consume this potion while your weapon is augmented with Shadowcore Oil, the additional damage and range is increased by 20%. Lasts 25 sec.
- Potion of Phantom Fire - Your attacks and spells have a chance to send out a fiery projection at your target dealing 3130 Shadowflame damage. If you consume this potion while your weapon is augmented with Shadowcore Oil, the additional damage is increased by 10%. Lasts 25 sec.
- Potion of Sacrificial Anima - Your next 4 mana consuming spells or abilities will consume 7% of your health instead of using mana. If you consume this potion while your weapon is augmented with Embalmer's Oil, the amount of health consumed is decreased by 2%. Lasts 25 secs.
- When used 2 casts prior to a double radiance, it will grant the same mana as the Channeling mana pot.
- Potion of Divine Awakening - Your healing spells are increased by up to 2937, based on the target's missing health. If you consume this potion while your weapon is augmented with Embalmer's Oil, the additional healing is increased by 10%. Lasts 25 sec.
- Potion of the Hidden Spirit - The imbiber gains invisibility for 18 sec.
- Potion of Shaded Sight - Slightly increases your stealth detection for 10 min.
- Potion of Soul Purity - Attempts to remove one curse, one disease and one poison from the imbiber.
- Potion of Unhindered Passing - Makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for the next 5 sec. Does not remove effects already on the imbiber.
- Potion of Specter Swiftness - Increases your movement speed while dead by 100%. Only usable in the Shadowlands. Lasts 2 min.
- Potion of the Psychopomp's Speed - Increases movement speed by 70%. Lasts 8 sec. Ineffective above level 60.
- Potion of Hardened Shadows - Infuses your body with resilient energy, increasing your Armor by 275 for 25 sec.
- Celestial Guidance - Sometimes increase your intellect by 5% when attacking, or using spells and abilities.
- Ascended Vigor - Sometimes increase your healing received by 12% for 10 sec when taking damage.
- Eternal Grace - Sometimes cause a burst of healing on the target of your helpful spells and abilities, healing for health split evenly amongst nearby allies.
- Lightless Force - Have a chance to send out a wave of Shadow energy in front of you, striking the first 5 enemies when using offensive spells and abilities.
- Sinful Revelation - Sometimes cause your attacks to reveal the sins of your target, causing them to suffer an additional 6% damage from you for 10 sec.
- Damage increase does not transfer through to Atonement healing.
- Bargain of Critical Strike - 12 Critical Strike.
- Bargain of Haste - 12 Haste.
- Bargain of Mastery - 12 Mastery.
- Bargain of Versatility - 12 versatility.
- Tenet of Critical Strike - 16 Critical Strike.
- Tenet of Haste - 16 Haste.
- Tenet of Mastery - 16 Mastery.
- Tenet of Versatility - 16 Versatility.
- Soul Treads - Reduce falling damage by 10%.
- Shadowlands Gathering - Increases the speed of gathering.
- Shaded Hearthing - Hearthstone cooldown reduced by 5 minutes.
- Illuminated Soul - 10 Intellect.
- Eternal Intellect - 15 Intellect.
- Eternal Bounds - 20 Intellect and 6% additional mana pool.
- Eternal Stats - 30 to all stats.
- Eternal Insight - 20 Intellect and a chance to deal additional shadow damage.
- Sacred Stats - 20 to all stats.