Welcome to WarcraftPriests Discipline Priest Guide. This guide is updated to patch 9.2 World of Warcraft Shadowlands.
This section goes over craftable Legendaries and recommendations of which to use.
Table of Contents
Shadowlands has introduced the ability to craft our own legendaries choosing specific effects and stats that we would prefer. that being said, there are some slight limitations to what effects are available on each slot which will be highlighted below.
All details in relation to the acquisition and creation of these legendaries are not covered here. This article by Icy Veins covers it nicely.
Quick Glance Legendary Recommendations
|Kyrian||Raid||Spheres' Harmony (belt) / Clarity of Mind (finger)|
|Kyrian||M+ with 4-set||Spheres' Harmony (belt) / The Penitent One (feet)|
|Kyrian||M+||Sphere's Harmony (belt) / Twins of the Sun Priestess (neck)|
|Venthyr||Raid/M+ with 4-set||Shadow Word: Manipulation (belt) / The Penitent One (feet)|
|Kyrian||Raid - Pre double legendary||Clarity of Mind (finger)|
|Kyrian||M+ - Pre double legendary||Spheres' Harmony (belt)|
New 9.1 Covenant Priest Powers
- Spheres' Harmony - Boon of the Ascended's cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds, up to 60 sec, for each stack of Boon of the Ascended consumed by Ascended Eruption.
- As Boon is already an insane output increase, the ability to reduce its cooldown will have a tremendous effect. It will allow you to align your CD usage to specific, not all, raid boss encounters as well as increase the number of casts you have within M+.
- Shadow Word: Manipulation - Mindgames lasts an additional 3 sec and reverses an additional 10% damage or healing. When Mindgames can no longer reverse healing or damage, gain 3% Critical Strike for each second remaining for 10 sec.
- A standard simple stat effect after using Mindgames. Sadly, this stat increase will always be after our main output spells have already been cast considerably lowering its potential.
- While the above remains true, once we obtain our 4-set bonus which vastly increases the output of Penance and gain the use of two legendaries. This legendary gains a lot of power and becomes competitive in the raiding scene.
- Pallid Command - Casting Unholy Nova summons a Brooding Cleric that gains 2% additional damage and healing each time an enemy affected by Unholy Transfusion is damaged by an ally, up to 100%. The Brooding Cleric serves you for 20 sec, healing an ally for (40% of Spell power).
- Compared to our other options that interact with Atonement well, this legendary does not appear to be very competitive. At the same time as being our less desired covenant.
- Bwonsamdi's Pact - Enter a pact with the Death Loa, calling forth a haunted mask that lingers on a target until Fae Guardians ends. Haunted Mask: Copies the benefit of the current faerie on its target. Follows your Direct Mask.
- This legendary allows you to double down on the faeries you've already applied. Harder to quantify its value but there will likely be some niche scenarios where additional CDR on your allies is strong. Otherwise for the most part, unlikely to be stronger than our other options.
Discipline Priest Powers
- Clarity of Mind - During Rapture, Power Word: Shield costs 20% less mana and applies 6 second longer Atonements. Spirit Shell increases the duration of active Atonements by 3 sec and reduces the mana cost of damage dealing spells by 30%
- Clear raid choice due to synergising excellently with Atonements. Increases our healing potential outside of Evangelism Ramps.
- Crystalline Reflection - Power Word: Shield instantly heals the target for (42% of Spell power) and reflects 20% of the damage absorbed.
- This legendary provides very low healing output, especially in scenarios where we want to be using more Shadowmend. that being said, it does provide decent damage within mythic+.
- Kiss of Death - Reduces Shadow Word: Death's cooldown by 8 sec and causes its damage to trigger Atonement when used on targets below 20% health.
- Provides a significant healing burst via Atonement. Due to the health percentage restriction, it will only provide value for minimal portions of a boss fight.
- The Penitent One - Power Word: Radiance has a 60% chance to cause your next Penance to be free and fire 3 extra bolts.
- This legendary has some strong potential due to penance usually being cast during high Atonement counts and benefiting from PotDS. However, the rng nature of this proc can lead to varying results.
General Priest Powers
- Cauterizing Shadows - When Shadow Word: Pain/Purge the Wicked expires on a target, 3 allies within 30 yds of the target are healed for (55% of Spell power).
- Enemies that die will not proc this effect, refreshing a DoT during its pandemic window will.
- Provides minimal healing benefit.
- Vault of the Heavens - Leap of Faith instead causes you to leap to your target and has 2 charges.
- The idea of this legendary is great, just unfortunate it's competing with output related options.
- Measured Contemplation - For every 15 seconds that you do not cast Shadow Mend, the healing of your next Shadow Mend is increased by 50%. This can stack up to 4 times.
- A similar type of effect to an essence we used a lot within mythic+ during BFA. Unfortunately due to the stacking effect requiring you to not cast your healing spell it falls short.
- Twins of the Sun Priestess - Power Infusion also grants you 100% of its effects when used on an ally.
- This legendary will give extremely varying results. It has the potential to simultaneously increase a party members damage and your healing during a tough pull. If the time you need extra damage and healing at the same time aligns often is to be seen.
- Echo of Eonar - Your spells and abilities have a low chance to summon a spiritual familiar to your side, increasing your damage by 10%, healing by 10% or damage reduction by 10% for 10 sec based on your role. This effect is duplicated on up to 3 allies at 50% effectiveness, preferring allies with the same role.
- Judgement of the Arbiter - Dealing damage has a high chance to release a blast of spiritual energy for 0 Shadow damage. If another ally who bears the Judgment of the Arbiter is within 5-20 yards of you, the blast will also arc to them, dealing 0 Shadow damage to enemies in the arc.
- Norgannon's Sagacity - Casting a spell grants Sagacity, stacking up to 10 times. When you move, you are able to cast while moving for 0.5 sec for each stack of Sagacity.
- Sephuz's Proclamation - Reduce the effectiveness of crowd controlling effects by 10%. Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy, interrupting an enemy, or dispelling any target will increase all your secondary stats by 80 for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.
- Stable Phantasma Lure - Increases Phantasma earned by 25%. Looting Phantasma from enemies has a chance to summon a Phantasma Demon which will begin running in a random direction. Killing it increases Phantasma earned for the entire party by an additional 10% for 1 min.
- Third Eye of the Jailer - Killing an enemy grants you the Third Eye, increasing your intellect by 1% for 10 sec, stacking up to 7 and increasing the duration by 1 sec for each additional stack. The duration of the Third Eye is increased by 50% while in the Maw.
- Vitality Sacrifice - Taking significant damage from a player or Elite enemy increases your damage and healing by 3% of the damage taken, up to a maximum of 9% for 20 sec. This effect can only occur every 30 sec.