Welcome to WarcraftPriests Discipline Priest Guide. This guide is updated to patch 9.0.5 World of Warcraft Shadowlands.
All things Discipline Priest specific to the Night Fae Covenant will be looked at in this section. Class ability, signature ability, how to use them and soulbind selections.
Table of Contents
- Fae Guardians - Call forth three faerie guardians to attend your targets for 20 sec.
- Guardian Faerie: Power Word: Shield - Reduces damage taken by 10%.
- Benevolent Faerie: Shadow Mend - Increases the cooldown recovery rate of a major ability by 100%.
- Wrathful Faerie: Shadow Word: Pain - Direct attacks against the target restore 0.5% Mana or 3 Insanity. (2s ICD)
- Each Faerie can only be active on one target at a time.
- When swapping a Faerie to a new target a 60% copy is left on the old target for 3.8 seconds.
- Costs 2% base mana.
- 1.5 minute cooldown.
- Soulshape - Turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yds forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%. You may reactivate Soulshape every few sec to teleport again.
- Lasts 12 sec, or indefinitely while in a rest area.
- Flicker - Teleports you forward 15 yds or until reaching an obstacle.
- 1.5 minute cooldown.
- Instant cast.
How to Use
Fae Guardians can be difficult to gain full use out of due to being tied to our Atonement applicators as well as being difficult to track consistently. Ideally, needs to be used on CD to gain full benefit of the mana regen from the Wrathful Faerie. The other two Faeries are harder to control since you will be applying Atonement using the connected spells. Since there is no substantial interaction to be found with the Benevolent Faerie we can freely cast Shadow Mends. The Guardian Faerie will benefit from being on a specific target, most likely your tank.
Soulshape is fairly simple to use. There will be scenarios where you can evade certain mechanics or even gain distance as it will be quicker than walking. Due to the instant case nature it will allow you to react to troublesome situations where avoiding mechanics is important.
Quick Glance Night Fae Soulbind Recommdations
It is recommended to use Dreamweaver due to the earlier second potency and double endurance. Things like Podtender could also prove very useful.
These soulbind trees have a vast number of abilities and different paths you can take. Icy Veins has a useful calculator tool which can help you understand how they work and look like.
All soulbinds do not interact with Atonement. These are considered external abilities and not spec specific.
It is worth noting that when it comes to choosing which spec specific Conduit to go for you have the following three options:
- Potency (by far the strongest performance increasing option).
- Due to this, any path that involves a Potency slot is very likely to be the best option.