Welcome to WarcraftPriests Discipline Priest Guide. This guide is updated to patch 9.1 World of Warcraft Shadowlands.
All things Discipline Priest specific to the Kyrian Covenant will be looked at in this section. Class ability, signature ability, how to use them and soulbind selections.
Table of Contents
- Boon of the Ascended - Draw upon the power of the Ascended for 10s.
- Ascended Blast - Blasts the enemy with pure Anima, causing (179% of Spell power) Arcane damage and healing a nearby ally for 120% of the damage done.
- Each cast grants 5 stacks of Boon of the Ascended.
- 3 second cooldown.
- Instant Cast (incurs a 1s GCD)
- Ascended Nova - Release a powerful burst of anima, dealing up to (74% of Spell power) Arcane damage, based on the number of enemies, and (24% of Spell power) healing to up to 6 allies within 8 yds.
- Each cast grants 1 stack of Boon of the Ascended
- Instant Cast (incurs a 1s GCD)
- Ascended Eruption - Explode for up to (352% of Spell power) Arcane damage to enemies and (222% of Spell power) healing to allies within 15 yds, based on number of targets.
- Increased by 3% for each stack of Boon of the Ascended.
- Summon Steward - Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 20% health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed effects.
- Once a day grants access to useful amenities.
- Instant cast.
- 5 minute cooldown.
- Phial of Serenity has 3 charges.
How to Use
Boon of the Ascended carries some tremendous output in a short space of time and will heal through Atonement. It can feel quite intrusive to use as it replaces smite and you have limited time to get in as many casts during the Boon duration. The goal is to align uses at the toughest moments of healing and time everything with your Atonements. Cast Ascended Blast on cooldown and fill inbetween with Ascended Nova in order to maximise your Boon stacks for the Ascended Eruption. Atonement should be applied beforehand.
Summon Steward can be used independently from your health pots or health stones (i.e do not share cooldown). Removal of various effects could be extremely potent depending on which you remove. For example, tanks can remove Necrotic stacks within M+.
Quick Glance Kyrian Soulbind Recommendations
Due to limitations of the calculator tool, currently, only images are supplied. Keep in mind various selections are utility-based and you can choose either way depending on your preference.
- Pelagos is a good pick due to all-around good healing choices.
- Mikanikos is going to gain value due to Bron contributing significant damage and Effusive Anima Accelerator lowering our Covenant ability's Cooldown.
These soulbind trees have a vast number of abilities and different paths you can take. Icy Veins has a useful calculator tool which can help you understand how they work and look like.
All soulbinds do not interact with Atonement. These are considered external abilities and not spec specific.
It is worth noting that when it comes to choosing which spec-specific Conduit to go for you have the following three options:
- Potency (by far the strongest performance increasing option).
- Due to this, any path that involves a Potency slot is very likely to be the best option.