This article is purely a collection of the Discipline Priest changes going into Shadowlands and will be continually updated until launch.
If you're looking for guides please follow these links:
If you are aware of a change that is not listed below please feel free to contact anyone on the disc team in the Warcraft Priests Discord.
|+4||BFA||BFA + Healing Aura||Shadowlands||Effective Change|
|Power Word: Shield||154%||N/A (healing aura baked in)||165%||+11|
|Power Word: Radiance||62.5%||87.5%||105%||+17.5|
|Spell||BFA||Shadowlands||Shadowlands Damage Aura||Effective Change|
|Shadow Word: Pain (Instant)||16.5%||12.92%||13%||-3.5|
|Shadow Word: Pain (DoT)||12.4%||9.58%||9.6%||-2.8|
|Power Word: Solace||83%||75%||N/A||-8|
- Power Word: Fortitude - Increases stamina by 5% (down from 10%).
- Smite - No longer has an absorb component attached. A stronger version Added onto Mind Blast instead.
- Fade - Now reduces enemy aggro range on us.
- Rapture - Now instantly casts a Shield on your target upon activation.
- No longer need to wait for a GCD to apply a shield
- Buff duration changed to suit. Now 8s (down from 10).
- Discipline spec aura has been modified.
- All healers have a hidden aura that is applied to the spec. It increases all healing spells healing by 40%. This specific effect has been removed and all spells have had their flat healing amounts increased to counter it.
- Shadow Word: Pain has had its reduction increased
- A flat -6% aura is applied to all our damage spells.
- Power Word: Solace - 15s cooldown (up from 12s).
- Shadow Covenant - 30s cooldown (up from 20). Heal absorb for 50% of initial heal removed.
- Now also increases shadow damage/healing dealt by 25% for 9s.
- Prevents any holy spell being cast for the duration of the buff.
- Schism - Damage dealt to target increased by 25% (down from 40%) for 9 seconds.
- Focused Will - Once again stacks up to 2
- Holy Nova - Output reduced if there are more than 5 targets.
- Rank 2 now unlocked at level 56
- Rank 2 of this ability has changed: If your Holy Nova deals damage to at least 3 enemies, a second Holy Nova will be cast a moment later at 50% effectiveness at the same location.
- Used to be - Reduces the global cooldown of your holy nova by 0.5s
- Mind Blast
- Mind Soothe (level 52)
- Power Infusion (level 58)
- Can now be cast on allies.
- Shadow Word: Death
- Does not interact with Atonement
- Needs a specific legendary to do so.
- Reflect damage capped at 50% of your maximum health.
- Mind Sear
- Interacts with atonement. The first target hit only, similar to all other Disc AoE spells.
- Spirit Shell - Replaces Luminous Barrier on the last row.
- 2% Mana cost.
- 60s Cooldown.
- Replaces Rapture.
- For 10 sec, Penance, Power Word: Radiance, and Atonement create absorb shields instead of healing.
- Off the GCD.